Sunday, February 11, 2007

Word! To the Nth Power

From Mrs. Giggles

However, I don't find many ebooks that succeed in describing the erotic sensations of the sex act. Many of them are so perfunctory and half the time I'm convinced the author has no idea what goes in actual BDSM play when she writes such a scene because these BDSM love scenes follow the same old pattern from ebook to ebook, kinda like a bunch of virginal schoolgirls adopting another virgin schoolgirl's description of sex play to be incorporated into their own fanfictions. Same with threesomes. I laugh when an author describes a threesome simply as two men waiting for turns to get at the heroine.


I don't think I've ever seen my issues with a lot of crappy erotic romance put so succinctly.

Read More at Mrs. Giggles

1 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, February 11, 2007, Blogger veinglory said...

Mrs Giggles has really been shining a light on some of the biggest problems with epublished erotic romance. I hope people are taking note. I love the genre but there seems to be a degree of 'group think' going on that is going to lose readers and close epublishers in the long run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker